By: David Neishabori
According well known author of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey states, “A High Trust Leader is an individual who has unquestionably strong personal credibility, has the ability to create and grow trust with others interpersonally, and who is then able to extend that trust organizationally.”
If you are looking for leadership tips to help you in your business and life, this article (13 Behaviors of HIgh Trust Leaders/By: Stephen Covey) have tremendous value.
The 13 Behaviors of High Trust Leaders are as follows:
- Talk Straight (Intent): Be honest. Tell the truth. Let people know where you stand. Use simple language. Call things what they are. Demonstrate integrity. Don’t manipulate people nor distort facts. Don’t spin the truth. Don’t leave false impressions.
- Demonstrate Respect: Genuinely care for others. Show you care. Respect the dignity of every person and every role. Treat everyone with repsect, especially those who can’t do anything for you. Show kindness in the little things. Don’t fake caring. Don’t attempt to be “efficient” with people.
- Create Transparency (Seeming vs. Being): Tell the truth in a way people can verify. Get real and genuine. Be open and authentic. Err on the side of disclosure. Operate on the premise of, “What you see is what you get.” Don’t have hidden agendas. Don’t hide information.
- Right Wrongs: Make things right when you’re wrong. Apologize quickly. Make restitution where possible. Practice “service recoveries.” Demonstrate personal humility. Don’t cover things up. Don’t let personal pride get in the way of doing the right thing.
- Show Loyalty: Give credit to others. Speak about people as if they were present. Represent others who aren’t there to speak for themselves. Don’t badmouth others behind their backs. Don’t disclose others’ private information.
- Deliver Results: Establish a track record of results. Get the right things done. Make things happen. Accomplish what you’re hired to do. Be on time and within budget. Don’t overpromise and under deliver. Don’t make excuses for not delivering.
- Get Better: Continuously improve. Increase your capabilities. Be a constant learner. Develop feedback systems – both formal and informal. Act upon the feedback you receive. Thank people for their feedback. Don’t consider yourself above feedback. Don’t assume your knowledge and skills will be sufficient for tomorrow’s challenges.
- Confront Reality: Take issues head on, even the “undiscussables.” Address the tough stuff directly. Acknowledge the unsaid. Lead out courageously in converstion. Temove the “sword from their hands.” Don’t skirt the real issues. Don’t bury your head in the sand.
- Clarify Expectations: Disclose and reveal expectations. Discuss them. Validate them. Renegotiate them if needed and possible. Don’t violate expectations. Don’t assume that expectations are clear or shared.
- Practice Accountability: Hold yourself accountable. Hold others accountable. Take responsibility for results. Be clear on how you’ll communicate how you’re doing – and how others are doing. Don’t avoid or shirk responsibility. Don’t blame others or point finders when things go wrong.
CHARACTER AND COMPETENCE BEHAVIORS
11. Listen First: Listen before you speak. Diagnose. Listen with your ears…and your eyes and heart. Find out what the most important behaviors are to the people you’re working with. Don’t assume you know what matters most to others. Don’t presume you have all the answers – or all the questions.
12. Keep Commitments: Say what you’re going to do. Then do what you say you’re going to do. Make commitments carefully and keep them at all costs. Make keeping commitments the symbol or your honor. Don’t break confidences. Don’t attempt to “PR” your way out of a commitment you’ve broken.
13. Extend Trust: Demonstrate a propensity to trust. Extend trust abundantly to those who have earned your trust. Extend trust conditionally to those who are earning your trust. Extend trust conditionally to those who are earning your trust. Learn how to appropriately extend trust to others based on the situation, risk, and character/competence of the people involved. But have a propensity to trust. Don’t withhold trust because there is risk involved.
AZADI Fine Rugs is known as the most trusted authority and respected resource in the industry, providing exquisite rugs with extraordinary service for over two centuries. AZADI owner, David Neishabori continues to operate from this over 200-year tradition, passed along through each generation of his family owned business.
Stop by AZADI Fine Rugs to see their large collection of fine contemporary, transitional, tribal and antique rugs.
AZADIFine Rugs is a certified child-labor free rug gallery. You do good, globally, by your participation in the elimination of child labor in the rug industry. With your business at AZADI, you are creating this special legacy. Choose your rug dealer carefully, one that is a trusted and knowledgeable resource like AZADI Fine Rugs. Many Interior Designers believe that a beautiful hand-woven rug can be the basis of their design plan. As we say at AZADI Fine Rugs, the rug is The Foundation for Fine Living. For a complimentary in-home consultation, contact AZADI Fine Rugs at (480)483-4600.
For all of your favorite area rug and home design trends stop by AZADI Fine Rugs, best rug store in Scottsdale. AZADI has a collection of over 10,000 fine area rugs. Whether you’re designing one space or an entire home, AZADI is experienced with taking care of your needs instantly. Our many types of rugs include; hand-woven rugs, contemporary area rugs, Tuscan design rugs, transitional design rugs, simple and clean design rugs, Oriental rugs, wool area rugs, vintage area rugs, Persian tribal rugs and Antique area rugs. Let our professionals help transform your space with exquisite rug design. At AZADI Fine Rugs we deliver the quality of these exquisite designs with impeccable Seven-Star Service.
To learn more about AZADI Fine Rugs in Scottsdale call (480) 483-4600 or contact us online at www.azadifinerugs.com.
Visit AZADI Fine Rugs in the following locations: (AZ, CO, WY, HI, and by appointment… anywhere in the U.S.A.)
AZADI Fine Rugs in Scottsdale http://www.azadifinerugs.com/locations/scottsdale/
AZADI Fine Rugs in Sedona http://www.azadifinerugs.com/locations/sedona/
AZADI Navajo Rugs in Sedona http://www.azadifinerugs.com/locations/sedona-navajo/
AZADI Fine Rugs in Telluride http://www.azadifinerugs.com/locations/telluride/
AZADI Fine Rugs in Jackson Hole http://www.azadifinerugs.com/locations/jackson-hole/
AZADI Fine Rugs in Kona http://www.azadifinerugs.com/locations/kona-hawaii/
Like us on Facebook (AZADI Fine Rugs)